Rockland Trust is currently seeking a full time Banker to float throughout our South Shore branches. Several branches are open 7 days a week so flexibility to be available Sunday-Saturday is required.
The Banker I assists the Bank in meeting its sales and service goals by supporting both customer relationship development and transaction processing. Under the supervision of the Branch Manager and/or Designee this position is responsible for conducting financial transactions between the Bank and its customers; sales and referral of bank products; promotion and demonstration of digital channel usage and providing superior service in a highly professional manner.
- Use needs-based consultative approach to recommend products or services that will enhance and complement the customer’s relationship
- Open and process all types of accounts including deposit and loan products
- Proactively cross-sell bank products and services to existing and new customers by utilizing the current tools and tracking systems provided
- Make qualified referrals to business partners in the areas of investments, mortgage, cash management, etc.
- Complete the Home Equity application process with customers, communicate and follow up on application requirements and complete the closing process
- Answer routine and more complex questions on customer accounts, products, services, policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot customer issues and provide follow-through to ensure resolution
- Maintain a solid foundation of product knowledge, taking advantage of trainings as they are offered and completing required trainings within time frames provided
- Achieve individual and team sales and service goals; actively participate in sales promotions
- Adhere to operational, regulatory and security policies and procedures while balancing customer relationships and risk of loss to the Bank
- Accurately process a variety of transactions including check cashing, withdrawals and deposits for both consumer and business customers within establish guidelines and authority
- Perform settlement procedures and accurately balance cash drawer
- Display a high level of professionalism in all transactions and interactions
- Provide superior customer service, meeting customer expectations and banks performance standards
- Successfully pass the Level I Business Certification
- Act as a leader in demonstrating self-service channels to customers, including ATM, Online banking and Mobile Banking
- Assumes responsibility for additional reporting duties and responsibilities as required including but not limited to supervisory duties, ordering supplies & completing staff schedules based on staffing model recommendations
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills as well as attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong sales orientation with the ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Possess excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Applicants must have a genuine desire to work with customers in a caring and empathetic way, with a positive approach to interactions with customers and team members
- Knowledge, experience and ability to demonstrate self-service channels including ATM, Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- High degree of professionalism and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when needed
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Creativity and ability to adapt approach to different situations as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be or become a Notary Public and NMLS certified
- Normal office requirements with long periods of standing and continuous customer contact
- Must have the flexibility to support a 6-7 day branch as customer needs dictate
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Once hired, continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of Teller Training, which includes an exam.
- Two year degree or equivalent job experience
- Two to four years of teller experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience in a financial or retail environment
Please apply online at https://rocklandtrust.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800009W&tz=GMT-04%3A00
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.